Tracking my weight loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday 5 January 2012

One step for..well.. me!

After reading many scarily good blogs from people in the same situation, I am feeling quite daunted by the thought of updating this blog. It will never be as cool or as quirky as some of the others, but then again, it's not really about that is it? Its about me pouring my thoughts out into this poor little blog while I struggle with weight loss.

Weight loss. Funny, when I talk to most people they say they are trying to lose weight, that they are going to do something, try the newest craze, do the latest fitness class, but do they really mean it?

Most of them don't really need to, most of my family says that they are going on a diet of some sort, yet they have no trouble fitting in their size 10/12 clothes and sporting the latest bikini.

After reading some of the many, many awesome blogs out there, I am happy and inspired to finally meet real live people that are in similar situations as myself. I am not alone!

More excitingly is that after opening up to my friends, and asking for them to watch out for me and to confiscate those fries from my plate if need be- which they all jumped at, I might add- I might have actually inspired someone else to finally make the next step in losing weight, to make the plunge so to speak.

I hope she does. It would be awesome to have a person to share goals and achievements with.

Speaking of which. Its been two weeks since I started exercising properly and watching what I eat, and guess what? The proof is in the scales. I've already lost 1.5 kg or 3.3lbs for those that don't use the metric system :P

My first goal for weight loss is 8kg, or 17.6 lbs. This would get me well past my stumbling block and put me into my 90's (or about the 210lbs mark). The lightest I'll have been in over a year. A scary thought!!

After coming home from the gym last night and aching all over and wondering if going to the gym ever stops hurting? I couldn't help but fantasize what it would be like if I did lose all the weight. I've never been small. EVER. This would be like going into unknown terrritory, I wouldn't know what to dress like, what I will look like, or whether after all this I'll be happy with my body? I don't know if I'll still be.. me?





* Note to self: Seeing as everyone seems to be posting A- mazing photos, or before/after shots of themselves I must endeavour to take a photo to put on this blog. I normally shy away from photos, but I will try my best

No comments:

Post a Comment