Tracking my weight loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday 6 February 2013

The Constant Battle inside my Head

So yesterday I was tired, and sore from my awesome work out the day before and from about 11am I had a running battle inside my head: To go to training or not.

It went something like this:

I'm sooo tired, I just want to go home and sleep.

But you know you always feel better when you go.

Yeah but I probably won't put in as much effort if I go, and besides I need to rest my body too.

But it's not like you are going to sleep anyways so what's the point? And then you'll just feel guilty anyways.

But I've eaten really well today so it's not that bad..

Yeah but that's not really an excuse, you should do that anyways.

blah blah blah blah....

This happens to my quite often when I am tired.

But you know what? Despite the argument, one side is winning more and more.. and that is the training side. Lately I realise that I don't really have any worthwhile excuses, I'm not going to spend my time better, and beside going for half an hour to an hour still gives me plenty of time in the evening to do what I need to do. So really, why not train? Even if I am tired, I still need to exercise.

My evenings this week have started to take on a routine:

Get home, chuck clothes in the wash and change into my workout gear. Tidy up, maybe grab a snack and fill my water bottle. Jog the oval before training. Go to training. Come home and take the dogs for a walk (great way to fully stretch after my work out and the dogs appreciate it!). Come back, take a shower and make dinner. Have dinner and start planning what I need for the next day (work clothes, books, food etc)

Finally if I'm not tired I might read a book or watch TV.

It's amazing what you can fit into your day when you're not watching TV or just chilling out on the coach and by prioritising my health, I feel so much better and am able to get out and be in the sunshine for a bit which I love.

I fully understand that there are people who can't keep this sort of routine: children, weather, work hours can all get in the way. But by carving out a time and making a commitment to myself to exercise first before everything else I find that I can always make time for the rest. Especially as I come home energised and pumped after training that I just power through things.

Not everyone needs to train in the morning, evening definitely works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment