Tracking my weight loss

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday 31 January 2013

Adding not Subtracting


Something I always struggle with is the feeling of sacrifice. The feeling that I have to give up something to have the body I want. And I am not just talking about foods-lollies, ice creams, chocolate etc etc but time as well.

I feel like at the moment I coming close to finding that balance that I want with exercise and time. And it has a lot to do with moving house into an area with more parks, closer to my personal training and maintained walking paths. I also get to and from work quicker- giving me almost an extra half hour every day and more time to get ready in the morning.

Lately I have been reading a lot of blogs that talk about focusing less on what you can't have and more on what you can have. Focus on all the foods that you are able to eat, and there is a lot more than you think!

So this is what I am going to start doing. Rather than thinking constantly about what I can't have, and then end up having it because I think about it so much! I am going to start thinking about the good things I can have, and need to have in my diet. If I start thinking about how I can fit in an extra serve of vegetables, or fruit, then I will a) choose healthier alternatives b) eat the recommended dietary intake of fruit and veg and c) stop thinking about the foods that I shouldn't be eating so much.

I have walked the dog every day this week (except monday), and after today will have fitted 2 classes of boxing in. That's 3 1/2 hours of exercise this week. Which is your recommended weekly total- and I still have 2 days left!

My aim is for at least half hour each weekday, plus my training classes which is normally 3 times a week, plus some sort of activity on the weekend.

If I do all that, plus increase my fruit and vegetables, then I should be a major step closer to getting to my goal weight and happiness. And remembering what it felt like taking the photos below.

My biggest problem is routine. Once I get into one I'm fine, but any change to it and I struggle. Next week is going be one of those weeks! But let's hope I can muddle through it and focus on the 2 weeks after and maybe it won't be too long before I can look like this again!



last year























 
2009
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment